score card

free counters

About Me

My Photo
saraiki
MY NAME IS MUJAHID NAWAZ! I AM STODINT OF 1st YEAR !
View my complete profile
Monday, November 22, 2010

Tanvir says his six wickets haul was a dream come true

ABU DHABI: Pakistan's new Test paceman Tanvir Ahmed has complimented South Africa batsman AB de Villiers for his outstanding record-breaking innings of 278 and described his own six wickets haul in the first innings as a dream come true on the second day of the second Test against South Africa.

"It is like dream come true and I am happy to know that I am among top ten Pakistan bowlers to achieve such a feat on debut," he told after Pakistan finished day-two at 59-1 in reply to South Africa's mammoth total of 584-9 declared.

"I wanted to take the wicket of AB de Villiers to complete five wickets. But he batted brilliantly. Getting the wickets of Mark Boucher and Paul Harris added to my four wicket collection on day one," he commented.

Tanvir, who turns 32 next month finished with figures of six wickets for 120 runs in 28 overs with six maidens, said he was not bothered abouthis fitness. "I am perfectly alright and looking forward to perform well in the second innings," he said.

While Tanvir took six wickets, fellow senior parter Muhammad Sami and Umer Gul failed to take any wicket despite conceding over 100 runs.

"I watched some great knock on television but AB de Villiers' knock was really brilliant but couldn't get his wicket," he said.

"I couldn't sleep the whole night when told that I will be making a debut the next day," Kuwait-born Tanvir said.

"I was delighted with the wickets of Kallis and Amla and my mission was to complete five wickets haul on Sunday," he pointed out. It was a long wait for me but I learnt a lot during those few months off the field," he added. He dedicated his performance to his family back home.

"The pitch in first an hour and a half assisted the pace bowlers. But it was getting better and better for batting (you) know," Tanvir, who also completed his 400 first class wickets during the match, said.

He said because of stiffness and cramps late in the day, he requested his captain Misbah-ul-Haq not to use him on the second new ball as his body was stiff and it may develop some problem. He admitted that there was reverse swing in the pitch and he fully exploited it.

Commenting on the performance of senior fast bowlers Muhammad Sami and Umer Gul as compared to him, he said it happen in the game and because of their track their importance can not be overlooked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive